Before applying for any exam, it is always important for the candidates to be familiar with its exam pattern , Eligibility , syllabus and much more
Q.What is CAT ?
Common Admission Test (CAT) is national-level management entrance examination conducted by the (IIM).
The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam and use the test for selecting students for their business administration programs.
- The candidate should be must a complete Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST and PWD/DA category).
- The Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non – creamy” layer (NC – OBC)
Also 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates.(low vision blindness,hearing impairment &loco motor disability/cerebral palsy)
How to Apply :-
Users can register for CAT 2016 from the official CAT 2016 website, www.iimcat.ac.in between August and September, 2016.
Registration Process are as follows:-
Before you Registeration:-
- Check your eligibility for CAT 2016
- Please be sure you have a valid email address and mobile number.
- All the information you will need for filling the form beforehand, such as:
-Users education history
-Mark sheets of (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
-Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature
TEST FEE :-
The registration fee is Rs 1600 for General and NC-OBC candidates (Rs 800 for SC/ST/PWD (DA) categories)
- Create a Profile on :- www.iimcat.ac.in
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password(your User ID will be sent by email and the Password shall be sent to the registered mobile number)
- Login as an Existing User to fill out the Application form
- Fill Application Form
- Enter your postal address details correctly
- Upload Documents.
- Enter Academics details such as (SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details ,12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details ,Bachelor Degree Details
- Enter Program Details
- You may select any number of Program Names in this section. Then, select the Interview City for interview as per the cities in the list.
- Enter Exam Centre City Preferences
- complete The payments
- Now downloads application form
- The CAT application data is treated as final and no change in it is permitted at a later stage. In case of detection of any variation in the data provided at any stage with the actual data your candidature may be nullified.
- Originals of all mark sheets will be required at the time of interview
- Afters a successful payments the amount will be not refund
- If you facing any problems Now you can call Candidate Help Desk a NO 1800 266 0207 (toll free ). Please have your User ID and/or Payment Transaction Number details at hand for reference
Admits cards :-
The date for downloading CAT 2016 admit cards will be announced later ON CAT website
Admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam centre.
Examination pattern :-
CAT 2016 exam pattern will be announced later. as Same as 2015
|Section Name||No. of Questions that will be asked from each section||Total Time that will be allotted to attempt each section|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||34||60 minutes|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||34||60 minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||60 minutes|
- cat 2016 Entrance Test will have both, objective type questions and a few descriptive questions in each section.
- Candidates will be required to type the answers of the descriptive questions using the keyboard and mark the options of the objective type questions using the mouse.
- Each candidate will be awarded with 3 points for every correct answer.
- 1 point will be deducted for each wrong answer marked by the candidate
CAT Syllabus 2016:-
1.Verbal & Reading Comprehension:-
This section will comprise of questions that will be based on Reading comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
- Cloze Passage
- Meaning-Usage MatcH
- Summary Questions
- Facts / Inferences / Judgements
- Reading Comprehension
2. Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Progressions (Sequences & Series)
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
3. Data Interpretation
Data is given in form of tables, charts and graphs
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Matching
- Logical Connectives
- Blood Relations
Here is list of IIM college
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmadabad
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Tiruchirappalli
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kashipur
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), RohtakIndian
- Institute of Management (IIM), Shillong
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Udaipur
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Raipur